Planning your Trip
Before You Leave for the Airport
- It is vital to carry your passport as well as any other necessary visas, tickets and foreign money in your hand luggage.
- If you plan on bringing medicines with you, ensure they are still in their original packaging to save time throughout customs and security.
- The Department of Health has a specific section on their website dedicated to health advice while travelling abroad.
Getting to the Airport
- Make sure to leave enough time when arriving at London City Airport, before your flight.
- If you are driving to the airport, make sure you have pre-booked airport parking in advance.
- If you have used a hire car during your stay and need to drop it back at the airport, check with your car hire company has a drop off area on site.
- Make sure to look after your own luggage while at the airport and not for someone else.
Check In Times
Travelling with Children
- Baby changing facilities are available at London City Airport. They can be found in the toilets located next to Café Nero (both male & female) as well as also next to Pilots Bar & Kitchen.
- Play areas can be found between Gate 5 & 6 in the Terminal. For further entertainment options, The London City Airport Fun Pack is designed to offer young flyers a chance to complete activities such as word searches, puzzles, and colouring to help pass the time.
- Medicines or dietry products over 100ml are permitted through through security when accompanied with a valid doctors note. Baby foods and other such products can be purchased after security in Boots.
- Expressed breast milk is permitted in unlimited quantities as long as it is packaged individually in containers that do not exceed two litres each. Frozen milk isn’t permitted: only expressed breast milk in liquid form is permitted.
Baggage Storage – Stasher
Should you be landing at London City Airport and looking to explore the wider city of London, Stasher is a great site that allows you to browse registered & safe business across the city where you can store baggage for as little as £6 per day.
There are multiple locations across Gatwick/London including Premier Inn facilities, with an average rating of 4.7/5 from 12,000 reviews!