Planning your Trip
Planning your trip can sometimes be more stressful than it needs to be. Arranging all aspects of your trip well in advance before you leave can help to minimise potential risks of something going wrong.
Before You Leave for the Airport
- It is vital to carry your passport as well as any other necessary visas, tickets and foreign money in your hand luggage.
- If you plan on bringing medicines with you, ensure they are still in their original packaging to save time throughout customs and security.
- The Department of Health has a specific section on their website dedicated to health advice while travelling abroad.
Getting to the Airport
- Make sure to leave enough time when arriving at London City Airport, before your flight.
- If you are driving to the airport, make sure you have pre-booked airport parking in advance.
- If you have used a hire car during your stay and need to drop it back at the airport, check with your car hire company has a drop off area on site.
- Make sure to look after your own luggage while at the airport and not for someone else.
Check In Times
Travelling with Children
- Baby changing facilities are available at London City Airport. They can be found in the toilets located next to Café Nero (both male & female) as well as also next to Pilots Bar & Kitchen.
- Play areas can be found between Gate 5 & 6 in the Terminal. For further entertainment options, The London City Airport Fun Pack is designed to offer young flyers a chance to complete activities such as word searches, puzzles, and colouring to help pass the time.
- Medicines or dietry products over 100ml are permitted through through security when accompanied with a valid doctors note. Baby foods and other such products can be purchased after security in Boots.
- Expressed breast milk is permitted in unlimited quantities as long as it is packaged individually in containers that do not exceed two litres each. Frozen milk isn’t permitted: only expressed breast milk in liquid form is permitted.
Head over to our special assistance page for further information on how to make your trip easier. Passengers requiring special assistance can obtain information, tips, guides and support from:
*Calls to this number will cost up to 7p per minute plus your phone company’s network access charge.